Sunday, January 9, 2011

#12: THE LOVED ONES (2009)


Format watched on: DVD
Time watched: 00:00 CST
New or Rewatch: New

IMDB Amazon.co.uk

Synopsis: When Brent turns down his classmate Lola's invitation to the prom, she concocts a wildly violent plan for revenge.


After a few beers and a crappy movie on the list, Michael & I decided to throw this in. I remember this playing at TIFF back in 2009 and I loved the image that Midnight Madness used on the flyer that I got when I went to Rue Morgue's Festival of Fear that year. Coincidentally enough, we started this film at midnight.


This Australian film is amazing! It's vicious, unapologetic and raw. THE LOVED ONES is the total opposite of a teen geared US horror flick. To really go into it more would ruin the film. Go into this film with very little knowledge for a bigger payoff.


The film is not available in the US but is available on R2 DVD & Region B Blu Ray in the UK. IMPORT IT (if in US)!


Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment