Saturday, January 8, 2011

#11: VANISHING ON 7TH STREET (2010)


Format watched on: Instant/OnDemand (XBOX)
Time watched: 21:45 CST
New or Rewatch: New
IMDB Amazon

Synopsis: When a massive power outage plunges the city of Detroit into total darkness, a disparate group of individuals find themselves alone.


After the failure of surround sound from DEVIL via Amazon On Demand, I decided to spend $5 extra bucks to watch this in 5.1 by renting it via XBOX. This was my first time ordering off of XBOX and I really hate that it was more money and that I can't just pay for it outright. You have to buy points. It worked out because I combined the $10 & $5 package.


My friend and writer for my site (DESTROY THE BRAIN) came over and we had a couple of brews. After blabbing for a couple of hours, we decided to fire this one up. I'm always pulling for Brad Anderson. I like him as a director and he made one of the most recent films that genuinely freaked me out (SESSION 9).


Sadly, this film just was slow. There was no interest with the characters except for the kid. The film just lacks the emotional ties to characters to make this film work. Structurally, the film is a character piece. It has some scary imagery, but it loses its potency because it keeps getting repeated. This film only confirms that Hayden Christensen should never be a main character.


I'll still watch whatever you come up with though Mr. Anderson.

Check out my writer's review that he posted after watching the flick with me here.


Grade: D (or Zzzzzzz)

No comments:

Post a Comment