Sunday, January 2, 2011

#2: TRUE GRIT (2010)

Format watched on: 35mm (Theater)
Time watched: 10:55 CST
New or Rewatch: New
IMDB

Synopsis: A tough U.S. Marshal helps a stubborn young woman track down her father's murderer.

After all the high praise of this flick, Nicci (my girlfriend) and I decided to go to the $5 cheap show and use our AMC Theatres Gift Card - free for us!

I think Hailee Steinfeld and Jeff Bridges are the highlight of the film. However, I feel the Coen Brothers lack their identity on the film. It seems like anyone could have made this film as its strengths are in the actors. It didn't really feel like the darkly humorous Coen Brothers that I know and love. Regardless, I enjoyed the film - but I really don't think it belongs in the caliber of the Best of 2010.





Grade: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment