Thursday, January 6, 2011

#7: THE DEPARTED (2006)


Format watched on: DVD
Time watched: 19:00 CST
New or Rewatch: Rewatch
IMDB Amazon

Synopsis: Two men from opposite sides of the law are undercover within the Massachusetts State Police and the Irish mafia, but violence and bloodshed boil when discoveries are made, and the moles are dispatched to find out their enemy's identities.

Sometimes sick days are great to just chill out and watch some movies you haven't seen in awhile. Granted, I know I'm sure I watched this sometime in 2010.

I think this is one of Scorsese's best flicks of his career. THE DEPARTED is a smooth, well oiled machine that doesn't skip a beat. Even though I dug INFERNAL AFFAIRS, Scorsese's version seems to have more fun with the environment the story is set in and seems to be not as heavy handed as its original.


Grade: A+

No comments:

Post a Comment