Saturday, January 8, 2011

#9: DEVIL (2010)

Format watched on: Amazon On-Demand

Time watched: 11:00 CST
New or Rewatch: New
IMDB Amazon



Synopsis: A group of people trapped in an elevator realize that the devil is amongst them.



I saw this film pop up on some Top Horror Flicks of 2010 and felt like testing out Amazon On-Demand on my Blu-Ray player. Plus, Nicci wanted to watch it and it was still waiting on its 28 day delay, so it was either wait, buy or rent on XBOX or Amazon.



I liked the flick and thought it was above your average thriller. I think the script could have used some work. I mean, I understand why the cop was there but it all just seemed forced and silly at times - along with the superstitious rent-a-cop.



The reason why this flopped or didn't do well in the theatres is everyone is sick of M. Night Shyamalan. The name is tainted now. Studios, don't rely on it any longer.

It was worth the rental however, I'm not a fan of Amazon On-Demand for any film that really benefits from a 5.1 sound - which in my opinion is every film after 1990. I could only get Dolby 2.0 and I have a very high speed internet connection. I tried everything under the sun and couldn't get 5.1. Fail Amazon. Fail.

Grade: B-

No comments:

Post a Comment